It has been a tough few years with little rain, but weather reports are calling for El Niño this winter. Did you know that 1 inch of rainfall on a 2,000 square foot residential roof generates 1,250 gallons of water that can be reused? Capture and reuse your precious rain water for summer watering and your garden will be lush and beautiful.
Sierra Hearth & Home has a complete line of RainXchange™ rainwater harvest systems by Aquascape®, Inc. These beautiful water features filter and store the water underground, while you enjoy the beauty of a waterfall, fountain or permeable patio in your yard. Stop by our store in Jackson to learn more. Sierra Hearth & Home is a Certified Aquascape Contractor. We are located at 619-B South Hwy 49 in the Motherlode Plaza. map
Click here for more information and a video showing how the RainXchange rainwater harvest system works.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1 inch of rainfall on a 2,000 sq. ft. residential roof generates 1,250 gallons of water that can be reused.
- That same roof in a region receiving 30 inches of annual rainfall generates 41,000 gallons of reusable water.
- The average US household with a 10,000 square foot lot uses up to 3,000 gallons of water weekly for landscape irrigation.
- Running a sprinkler for 2 hours can use up to 500 gallons of water.
- The RainXchange allows you to collect thousands of gallons of water anywhere, even in the desert!